Essential Components to Preparing for the Baptism of Your Child
1) Complete a registration form and godparent forms (available from the parish office)
2) Both parents must meet with a priest or deacon prior to scheduling the baptism. Call the office to set up an appointment.
2) Godparents must be baptized and confirmed, practicing Catholics.
3) Both parents and godparents must have attended a baptism preparation class within the past 2 years. If class was taken at another parish, certificate of completion needs to be submitted with the other paperwork. Information about taking a class at Holy Apostles listed below.
4) All paperwork, including godparent forms, must be submitted to the parish office before the baptism may be scheduled.
5) Call the office to schedule the baptism. Baptisms are usually scheduled after one of the Sunday morning Masses.
Baptism preparation coordinator
719-597-4249 x 116
Baptism Prep Classes
Baptism preparation classes prepare parents and godparents to be the primary educators and a good example of the Faith to the child being baptized. The class is available at: www.catholicbaptismprep.com.
Adult Baptism &
Baptism of Children over the Age of 7
Click here for more information about baptism of adults and children over 7 years old.